Thursday, July 12, 2012

Teen Director's New Office (by Bree)

After working at the Boys & Girls Club in Midvale for 3+ years, I decided it was time for me to make the office MINE.  That included a huge paint job and complete change of decor and set-up.  

If anyone knows me, they know I'm obsessed with ORANGE.  It is a happy and playful color and I think it adds a huge burst of positive energy to the teen center!  With a good amount of left-over turquoise paint from another room in the Club, I accented parts of the office and I think it looks amazing.

I'm in love with my office!  But what I was really hoping was the teens would love it too.  And they do.  :)


 Gotta love the random window cut-outs.  "Lumpy Space Princess" is a character on Cartoon Network's "Adventure Time" that many of the teens love to watch and quote.  I love to imitate her voice.

 All my little couch friends.

 More random window cut-outs!  Gotta have a little bit of Hannah Montana and Justin Bieber.

 I was a little unsure about the placement of the desk at first, but I really like the way it divides the room and creates a safe, comfortable place in the corner. It also provides for more privacy as I'm working.



 Some of the photography on the wall was done by one of our Club Teens.  Impressive!

 I love the addition of the small couch in the office!

This is the wall you see when you first walk in.  I love the "Rules" and artwork.

I'm really pleased with how the office turned out.  It definitely contributes a good and happy vibe to the environment in the teen center and allows teens a comfortable place to "hang out" when the time is appropriate.  Some have said it feels like a bedroom, and I am totally okay with that.  I'll enjoy these next few years working in my happy place.  Let's just hope the future teen director likes bright colors!

--Bree (Teen Director)

No comments:

Post a Comment